0

Analogue Memories

Posted by Unknown User on 9:36 AM in , ,
Today while cleaning up my room, I just happened to open my big junk carton. There I found the sad remains of what once used to be my cassette collection. I distinctly remember putting in one hundred sixty something cassettes when I first came to Delhi. But those, and another shipment of around hundred more are now reduced to about twenty odd ones by the “borrow and never return” human nature. Now that I have them and then some more in my hard drive, I am not mortally depressed about my losses.

I managed to trace my once best friend, the Walkman that I bought with my first real salary in the same carton. Poor guy, how he has fallen from grace! I jacked my old mate to my comp’s speakers and I am all ready to be sixteen all over again. There weren’t too many choices, but I managed to find “Big Hits…” by Twisted Sisters among the twenty odd survivors.

As my room exploded with the bass heavy analogue tapes (unlike their clearer sounding digital counterparts), it brought back memories obscured by the rust of time. I remember buying that cassette when one of my friends told me that they were banned in the US. “We’re not gonna take it” – an anthem of sort for teenage kids against their parents did not go well with some moral watchdog and was made a part of the “Filthy Fifteen.”

Last heard, Californian governor Arnold Schwarzenegger used that same song as his campaign soundtrack. So much so, that the band themselves came to play live on one of Schwarzenegger’s fund raiser. Times, they sure are changing!

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Just Another Blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.